Location: Costa Navarino, Messinia, Greece
Area: 500 sq.m.
Team: S. Zerefos, C. Tessas, Angeliki Kokkini, Telesilla Bristoyanni and Harris A. Tessas
The project concerns the organisation of a permanent exhibition for a private collection of historical paintings and artifacts situated at the premises of the Westin and Romanos Hotels in Costa Navarino. The exhibition design is targeted at:
– Trasmitting the cultural and historical values of the collection and complement the function of the communal spaces of the hotels,
– Addressing the education of the visitors in the history of Greece and Messinia in the 19th century,
– Highlighting the works of art, while at the same time placing them within a tight building programme,
– Utilising construction standards and materials that minimise their footprint on the building, while at the same time provide adequate security for the collection,
– Employ techniques to efficiently use existing lighting fixtures to support the exhibition.
The project culminated in the editing of the publication “Histoire picturale de la guerre de l’independance Hellenique: Description of the original engravings exhibited at Costa Navarino”, published and available on site.
S. C. Zerefos, C. A. Tessas (eds.). Histoire picturale de la Guerre de l’independence Hellenique: Description of the original engravings exhibited at Costa Navarino. 35 σελ. 2010.
Copyright © Zerefos Tessas Architects, www.zerefos-tessas.gr